Photographs, quotes, thoughts and trees by Julie Walton Shaver, a lifestyle photographer based in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut

Mesmerized in Tokyo

City of Nouns: Julie Walton Shaver Lifestyle Photography TV Asahi 1 Mesmerized in Tokyo

I took more than 7,000 pictures in Tokyo during several lifestyle family sessions and while roaming around on my own. Editing them is taking longer than I thought it would. But I wanted a new screen saver and this image caught my eye as a good one for that. In this picture, my little friend is magnetized by TV Asahi in Roppongi Hills, downtown Tokyo. More coming soon, I promise!
Be Sociable, Share!
  • City of Nouns: Julie Walton Shaver Lifestyle Photography more Mesmerized in Tokyo
Be Sociable, Share!

9 Responses to “Mesmerized in Tokyo”

1. chrissy munn says:

ohhh maddox! love it julie can’t wait to see more from my tokyo friends.

2. Kim says:

Love the picture! Waiting on the edge of my seat for some more!!!!

3. Adam Squier says:

At this time of year I really miss Japan. I’ve always loved the Spring and early Summer there. Images like this really help me remember — even though it’s been almost 20 years since I’ve been back.

• Rich Gallagher says:

Adam — It is fellow ASIJ alum Rich Gallagher — small world, huh! Hope all is well with you and your family. Julie took awesome pictures of Japan including ASIJ when she came to visit us. You will really miss Japan after she posts them. Take care, Rich

• Did you go to school with Adam Squier? What a small world!

• Adam Squier says:

Wow! What a small world. That’s really cool. Now, how did you get in touch with Julie? Is your brother there, too?

Julie, you didn’t tell me you went to ASIJ. My parents taught there for 35 years! Show me the pictures!!!! I haven’t been back since Christmas of 1989 and things have changed a lot since then.

What a rush.

• Rich Gallagher says:

Adam — Six degrees of separation: My wife and I met Julie through very good friends in New Jersey when we lived there a few years back. Julie did not attend ASIJ but she did visit and take some pictures. My brother and his family are in Honolulu and perhaps in a few years you will see on this website pictures of Hawaii!

4. Rich says:

Great picture and looking forward to the rest!

5. Elizabeth says:

I can’t wait to see! I can only image the gorgeous photo opportunities there!